Parental As Anything by Maggie Dent
A common-sense guide to raising happy, healthy kids – from toddlers to tweens
From the queen of commonsense parenting and host of the popular ABC podcast Parental As Anything comes the ultimate guide to raising happy, healthy kids – from toddlers to tweens
How much screen time should you let your children have?
How and when do you talk about sex?
What can you do when your kid throws a tantrum?
Why should you let your children just play?
Maggie Dent has answers to your real-world parenting dilemmas.
Focusing on the most engaged-with topics from her popular ABC Parental As Anything podcast, Maggie tells us what the experts have to say, relates the experiences of other parents, and offers her own reassuring guidance to provide practical solutions to the challenges parents and caregivers face today.
This book will give you the means to be the parent you’d like to be, and help you in your quest to raise happy, healthy, thriving, resilient children.
1. Roosters and lambs: the influence of temperament
2. Managing the hot moments: meltdowns and tantrums – including your own
3. Help! How do I discipline my child?
4. Play and nature play: why they matter so much
5. Transitioning to big school
6. Raising our kids in this new, digital world
7. Anxiety in childhood and early adolescence
8. Talking to our kids about the birds and the bees in the 21st century
9. Help for feeding fussy eaters
10. Exploring death and loss in our families
11. How do I raise a resilient child?
12. Sole parenting: what helps and what doesn’t
13. Co-parenting in the 21st century
Conclusion: You’ve got this!
List of sources
Published by ABC Books